The focus of this small simplicity challenge is encouraging you to take action over bad habits or negative thoughts.
Your challenge for today is to be really honest with yourself.
To paraphrase Albert Einstein – if you do the same thing, don’t expect a different result.
Putting it simply, if we want to make changes then we need to take action.
Action can sometimes be difficult. We need to be firm with ourselves and face things head-on because softly-softly doesn’t always work.
Today I want you to practice a bit of tough love on yourself.
I’d like you to identify 3 unhealthy/bad habits or negative thoughts you often have.
Then, I want you to choose just one and explore it.
Some examples could be…
- Eating too much sugar/salt
- Wasting too much time on social media
- Staying up too late and struggling to wake up in the morning
- Being angry
There are so many different examples but I don’t want you to overthink things too much here.
Just pick one bad habit or negative thought and work it through.
Jot down your answers in a notebook.
- What triggers it?
- What comfort does it give you/why do you do it/what makes you feel like that?
- How do you feel afterwards?
- What healthy habit could you substitute for the unhealthy habit/how could you turn the feeling around?
I just want you to be more aware of why you do things and whether there’s anything that you can do to help yourself change things.
Awareness is the first step to positive change and a key component of knowing how best to help yourself.
Thank you for joining me in this small simplicity challenge.
You can find more small simplicity challenges here.