50 THINGS YOU CAN DECLUTTER RIGHT NOW
Decluttering your home is really simple once you get the hang of it, but it can be a little daunting for those who are new to the whole thing. If you’re keen to try it yourself, but need some help getting started, then check out this post. Here are 50 things you can declutter at home right now.
Studies have shown that the amount of clutter around you is directly proportional to stress levels, especially for women. The more clutter, the more stress.
So, decluttering your home can really make a big difference to your life.
Your home will be easier to look after as it’s quicker to tidy and clean when there’s generally less stuff. You’ll just have to spend short amounts of time maintaining it and your home will always generally look great if an unexpected guest drops by.
You’ll have more time to do other things that are much more fun because you’ll be spending less time managing your home. You might even feel more relaxed or calm in a less cluttered environment so you’re able to focus and concentrate on other things instead of stressing about the state of your house and what needs doing to it.
Work your way through my list in whatever order feels right for you.
50 THINGS TO DECLUTTER RIGHT NOW!
- Old newspapers and magazines
- Old VHS video tapes and media that you can no longer use
- Books you’ve never read or won’t read again
- Old mobile phones and accessories
- Old keys that you don’t know what they’re for
- Any furniture or ornaments that you don’t like to look at
- Instruction manuals for things you no longer own
- Excess plastic bags
- Anything on your calendar that you don’t want to do
- Receipts you no longer need
- Bank statements you no longer need
- Pens that don’t work anymore
- Junk mail
- Expired store cards, credit cards and gift vouchers
- Jewellery that you never wear
- Earrings that don’t have a pair
- Old glasses that you don’t use
- Odd socks and socks with holes
- Stained clothing or that’s damaged beyond repair
- Clothes that you don’t like or don’t fit
- Excess clothes hangers
- Junk in the bottom of your handbag
- Toiletries and old makeup that you never use/has seen better days
- Old towels or bedding that have holes, are worn out or you don’t need
- Unused cookbooks
- Food that is past its use by date or you don’t like
- Any food that’s gone stale
- Storage containers that you don’t use or don’t have lids
- Gadgets and appliances you never use
- Extra dishes, cutlery, glasses that you never use or are damaged
- Broken toys
- Toys with parts or pieces missing
- Clothes and shoes that your kids have outgrown
- Kids’ artwork you don’t want to keep or have taken a photo of
- Toys that your kids have grown out of
- Baby stuff (if you’re past the having babies stage!)
- Half-finished craft projects that your kids have forgotten about
- Desktop icons on your pc that you no longer use
- Fuzzy photos or duplicate photos that you don’t want to keep
- Apps on your phone that you don’t use
- Junk email in your inbox
- Unsubscribe from newsletters that are no longer of interest
- Broken tools in your garage or shed
- Dead plants
- Old paint/chemicals in your shed you never use
- Broken garden furniture
- Outdoor toys that aren’t played with anymore
- Broken Christmas/festive decorations
- Stuff that’s been put in the attic to get rid of another time
- Stuff that’s been put in the attic to sort through another time