60 POSITIVE DAILY AFFIRMATIONS FOR A HEALTHY AND HAPPY MIND
How you think about things determines how you feel about them. Here are 60 positive daily affirmations for a healthy, happy mind. Improve your mindset, feel more confident and boost your positivity with these daily mantras.
DAILY AFFIRMATIONS FOR A HEALTHY AND HAPPY MIND
When life seems uncertain and I’m feeling anxious, unsure, frustrated or negative, I find it helps to give myself a little talking to.
There may be many things in life that I can’t control or change but what I can change is the inner me. How I react to situations, the decisions I make and importantly, how I feel about all of this, are all really down to my mindset, attitude and approach.
If life is feeling a little tough and you’re struggling, perhaps it may be helpful to talk to yourself too. One way of doing this is through affirmations.
Affirmations are positive little statements or mantras that you say to yourself and repeat often. They help us overcome negative, unhelpful or self-sabotaging thoughts and behaviours. The thinking is that if you say them often enough then, in time, you come to think more positively and believe them to be true.
If you’d like to learn more about affirmations and the science behind how and why they work, this article from Positive Psychology might be helpful.
THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING
I’m a great believer in the power of positive thinking and that how you think about something determines how you feel about it. Moreover, how you feel about things often determines whether you do them (and how well they go!).
“You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.” (Joyce Meyer)
That’s not to deny that sometimes we’re faced with some pretty difficult challenges in life and it’s hard to find anything positive about them but trying to think differently about your approach to the problem (rather than just the problem itself) can perhaps help ease the pain, tension or stress.
TRYING THESE DAILY AFFIRMATIONS FOR YOURSELF
Here are some gentle, but powerful positive daily affirmations that you could think about as you go about your day. Choose the ones that really speak to you, say them out loud, commit them to memory and repeat them often.
Infuse them with positive energy, instead of just muttering them reluctantly under your breath, and they may help you feel more upbeat, energised, powerful, decisive, motivated and positive.
Let me know in the comments if you have any favourites or perhaps some other positive daily affirmations that you’d like to share which might help others.
60 POSITIVE DAILY AFFIRMATIONS
- I can do this.
- I have everything I need right here, right now.
- If I believe I can then I will.
- My past experiences do not define my future.
- I will embrace the challenges of today and let them guide my next steps.
- Just because something hasn’t gone right before, it doesn’t mean it won’t ever go right.
- I am capable and I am strong.
- I am beautiful.
- I will not let negative thoughts and energies bring me down.
- I will learn from past mistakes and use them to encourage better decisions for the future.
- The future may be uncertain but that won’t stop me looking forward with hope.
- I will look after my body and mind and treat them kindly and with respect.
- I am brave, resilient and strong.
- I can manage change and will adapt to what those changes bring.
- I have the power to change what I need to.
- I will allow myself grace when things don’t go to plan.
- I accept that I can’t change things that are beyond my control.
- I am doing the best that I can and that is enough.
- I love myself and look after myself without feeling guilty or selfish.
- People appreciate me for who I am and not who I’d like to be.
- I will stop chasing things that I don’t have and appreciate all that I have right now.
- I have the potential to achieve whatever I want.
- My goals and ambitions will come true and I have a plan in place to make sure I achieve them.
- If I want something badly enough, I can find a way to make it happen.
- I am unique and I have many gifts that I can use to help myself and others.
- Success and happiness in my life is largely up to me.
- I will stop holding myself back or hiding from opportunities.
- Life is wonderful and I live every day to the full.
- I forgive those who have hurt me in the past.
- I will seize every opportunity that comes my way.
- I am grateful for my life and the people, experiences and things in it.
- I am grateful for my family, friends and loved ones.
- My body does amazing things and I look after it every day.
- Times may be tough but they won’t stay that way. Nothing is permanent.
- If I need help, I know it’s ok to ask for it and seek out support.
- I take ownership of my life and the direction it takes.
- I will show up for my life.
- I may be fearful of the future or the unknown, but I can conquer that fear and it won’t hold me back.
- I work hard to nurture positive daily habits and say no to unhealthy habits.
- I will focus on improving my life instead of being envious of others.
- I see problems not as obstacles but as opportunities for learning and growth.
- I choose action over inaction, decision over procrastination.
- I am excited and hopeful for what my future could hold.
- I am a good role model for my children and loved ones.
- I am respected and trusted and my opinion is valid.
- I am a valued good friend and confidante for those who need love, kindness and support.
- I am loved.
- I use my talents and skills to contribute in a meaningful and positive way.
- I understand that life can be difficult but I have a positive mindset to help me ride stormy seas.
- I am flexible and adaptable to change and always embrace new things.
- I am ready to learn and know that personal growth is a life-long exercise.
- I commit to expanding my horizons and stepping out of my comfort zone every now and then.
- I listen to my body, mind and heart and nourish them however serves them best.
- I lean into my emotions and understand how to manage them in a positive, healthy way.
- I will stop judging others by my own standards and focus instead on managing my own expectations.
- I will not try to control situations and experiences that are beyond my control but instead focus my energies on the things in my own life which I can control.
- I am worthy of financial success and happiness, whatever that looks like to me.
- I trust my own judgement and that the decisions I make are the right ones for me.
- I know my priorities and assess them regularly to ensure they align with what I really want from life.
- I am happy, content and at peace with who I am right now.
WANT A PRINTABLE VERSION?
If you’d like a printable version of this list, hop over to the Simplify Library. This is a free collection of resources just for my email subscribers. Click the button link below for further information…
OTHER WAYS TO USE THESE AFFIRMATIONS
As an alternative to affirmations, you could always use these mantras as a ‘thought for the day’ to mull over as you go about your day.
You could even use them as journal prompts, turning the affirmation into a question where you ask why you feel a certain way, what triggers it or what you do when you feel like that.
Use the statements in a way that feels the most helpful to you.