30 JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR SELF DISCOVERY
Try these 30 journal prompts for self discovery. They’ll help motivate and encourage you to really think about your personal development, self growth, self care, motivation, time management and more. You’ll be able to come up with some practical and actionable steps to simplify your life and declutter your mind.
HOW TO USE THESE JOURNAL PROMPTS
There are 30 journal prompts in this list so you could take one each day for a month and see how you get on.
Set aside a few minutes each day when your mind is calm and clear, without distractions, to really think about your responses.
I’ve crafted the prompts so you should be able to come up with some really practical, constructive and actionable responses.
There’s a mixture of prompts on different topics, including self care, personal development, time management and productivity so that you can go on a journey of self discovery to simplify your life in the areas that need it most! I really hope you enjoy them!
30 JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR SELF DISCOVERY
- What would you like to change about your life and why?
- What three things would you like to try and why?
- What three things would you like to improve upon in your life and why?
- What one thing would you like to say no to and how can you make this happen?
- Name one thing you’d like to succeed at and how can you achieve this?
- Name one thing you wish you’d done and why you didn’t do it
- List five things you’re really grateful for and how can you prioritise them in your daily life?
- Name two things you’re really happy with
- Name one thing you’d like to happen and how you can make it happen
- List three things you’d like to simplify and how you’re going to start doing this today
- List three things you’d like to organise and how you’re going to start doing this today
- Tomorrow you’d like to make time for…
- Name one thing you wish you’d said yes to and what difference it would have made
- What one thing, experience or piece of knowledge do you wish you’d known earlier and what difference would it have made?
- Name three things you’d like to know more about and how you’re going to make this happen
- What one thing do you wish you hadn’t given up doing?
- What one thing do you wish you could do again and can you make that happen?
- Name three things you’re really looking forward to
- Name three things you could really do without and try it
- List three things you could imagine yourself doing and how can you give them a go?
- What one thing hadn’t you fully appreciated until you started thinking about it now? Why?
- Name three things you love about yourself
- Name three things you would like to love about yourself
- List three things you dream of
- List three things you aspire to be and how you can become them
- What three things do you get out of bed for in the mornings even when you don’t feel like it?
- Name one thing you wish you could take back if you could and what difference would it make?
- List three things you would encourage your kids to do or say
- Name five things you would like people to describe you as
- List three things you’re going to discover or try tomorrow and how will you make this happen?
MORE JOURNALING RESOURCES
Here are some more journaling resources and prompts to help you reconnect with yourself.
- Journaling tips for beginners to encourage a meaningful life
- Journal prompts for self-reflection
- Journal prompts for self-care and self-love
- Simplify Your Life – a guided workbook with journal-style prompts to help you begin to simplify your life, make change and create space for what matters.
YOUR NEXT STEP…
If you enjoyed these journal prompts and ready for something different, try my free short course to help you explore your purpose, passion and direction in life.
Pop your details in the box below to join Your Intentional Life…