WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO SHOW UP FOR YOUR LIFE
Sometimes life happens to us and we find ourselves in circumstances that we hadn’t anticipated or planned. We’re a bystander in our life, not quite sure which path we took or the direction we were meant to choose instead. Wouldn’t it be better to seize the opportunities that life gives us and take control over its direction? Check out this post on why it’s important to show up for your life and some examples of how you can do exactly that!
SO, HOW DID YOU END UP HERE?
How often have you asked yourself the question – how did I end up here?
It’s not necessarily because you’re in a bad place but have you ever thought about the chain of reactions and events that led you to your current life?
Sometimes good things happen to us and they’re just meant to be. Call it fate, destiny, luck, karma, coincidence (or whatever you’d like to call it!). Sometimes, however, bad things happen that we didn’t deserve, couldn’t foresee, didn’t create and couldn’t stop.
Whatever it is that’s happened to you in life, it got you to where you are today.
You may be one of those lucky people who just have it all, either through luck or hard work, and there’s nowhere you’d rather be.
For others of us, it may be that we’re still working towards our ideal life which, of course, will look different for everyone.
WHAT IT MEANS TO SHOW UP FOR YOUR LIFE
Whatever life stage and life situation you’re in, it’s really important to show up for your life.
When you show up for your life you stand a better chance of:
EXAMPLES OF HOW TO SHOW UP FOR YOUR LIFE
Here are some examples of what I mean:
- Take ownership of your mistakes, failures and things that have gone wrong
- Stop beating yourself up because you didn’t do something, or didn’t do it well enough
- Make decisions and follow them through without putting them off or passing the buck onto someone else
- Recognise that YOU have the power to make many changes in your life
- Understand that you are the biggest role model for your children and that they will learn everything from you
- Appreciate that life is precious and it should never be taken for granted
- Present the best version of you to the outside world because you owe that to yourself, if not to others
- Try your hardest in whatever you do so you can hold your head up high and say you gave it your best shot
- Set an example to your kids of the sort of person you’d like them to become
- Accept that sometimes we can’t always have what we want or think we want and to find a way of making peace with this so that we’re not bitter, resentful or critical of others who we perceive have more than we do
- Acknowledge that when we fail at something it can often teach us the biggest of lessons so that we don’t fail in the same way again
- Motivate ourselves to do things when we don’t feel like it because our choice of actions (or inaction) affects both ourselves and the people who rely on us
- Not underestimate the power of self care and giving ourselves permission to take it easy and recharge our batteries so that we can carry on looking after everyone else
- Prioritise the things that are most important to us in life
- Act when others around you are afraid to take action
- Make each moment count and don’t take any time for granted
- Realise your dreams, goals and ambitions, in the future if not right now
- Commit to your own self-development and personal growth
- Treat others as you’d like to be treated yourself
- See the positive in every situation, even if it feels like everything’s going wrong
- Learn from our own mistakes
- Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again when you don’t succeed the first time around
WHY DID I WRITE THIS POST?
Well, the truth is I’ve been thinking a lot about ways I can help busy people simplify, organise and enjoy their life. I’ve come up with ideas for blog posts, courses, books, printables, checklists, quizzes and so much more.
But, no matter how much content I create, I can only inspire, support and guide you. The rest of it is up to YOU!
I’m so passionate about helping all of us find balance through simplicity and basically get their life in order, that I guess this post is a kick up the ****side to say come on, you CAN do this, even if you think you can’t!
It may be difficult when you’re worn out and worn down by juggling it all. But, take a deep breath, dig deep and say to yourself that your life IS worth showing up for.
A REMINDER FOR US ALL
We all need a reminder that this is our life, no one else’s. Even the most motivated, positive people need a bit of moral support and encouragement.
Wherever you’re starting out from and whatever stage of life you’re in when you’re reading this, I hope this post is a gentle but firm little reminder of why it’s important to show up for your life. I know you’re someone who wants to (or already does) show up or you wouldn’t still be reading this!
Show up for your life, don’t just be a bystander!