All of us feel tired, overwhelmed, stressed out or just out-of-sorts some days. It’s completely natural to feel that things aren’t going right and when we feel like this, we know it’s time to put ourselves first. If you’re having one of ‘those’ days and need some simple ideas to get yourself back on track, here are 15 easy ways to make yourself feel better.
15 easy ways to make yourself feel better
- Run a hot bath, add bubbles, light a candle – relax ‘n’ soak
- Put in your ear phones and take a walk outside – listen to music, a podcast, whatever inspires and makes you feel happy
- Sit the kids in front of a film with some snacks and use that time to knock out some chores or do something for yourself. Don’t feel guilty, you deserve it and you’ll be a more patient and refreshed mum afterwards!
- Buy a facemask, hair conditioning treatment, new manicure/pedicure set and pamper yourself with a home spa treatment
- Clear all the surfaces in your home of clutter and stuff that doesn’t belong there. Set a timer for 5 or 10 minutes and see what you can achieve. It won’t change the world but will instantly make your home feel more manageable
- Get up half an hour earlier and spend some quiet time with just yourself for company. Enjoy the silence and set yourself up for the day. I’ve written a blog post on how setting up a morning routine saved my sanity! You can read it over here.
- Follow a You Tube video on whatever subject takes your fancy
- Download the Calm app onto your iphone and spend some time meditating and practicing mindfulness
- Plan and shop for a meal that you enjoy cooking and eating. Be as indulgent or healthy as you like, but it has to be totally your choice
- Call a friend who you love and makes you feel good
- Watch a film of your choice – grab some snacks and drinks, but plan it so that you avoid all interruptions
- Turn up the music – sing and dance for all your worth!
- Read a chapter of a book or magazine – fact or fiction, enjoy being absorbed and expanding your mind
- Go through your wardrobe – throw or donate the clothes that don’t fit, are worn out or damaged and that you don’t love. Write a shopping list for your next shopping trip. Check out my blog post here on how to declutter your wardrobe and love your clothes.
- Go for a drive – kids can come too. Turn up the music and enjoy your travels!
Want to see what else I’ve got to help you?!
If you’re looking to make some longer term changes to make things easier and simpler, then I’ve chosen 3 other posts which will help you get started…
- 15 ways to make life easier and simpler
- 4 focus areas to make real changes
- 5 essential daily self care practices