24 SIMPLE DAILY HABITS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
Many people struggle with getting everything done during the day and still finding time for themselves. If this sounds familiar, check out these 24 simple daily habits to make life easier. Little tips to create more ease, time and freedom in your everyday life.
LITTLE DAILY TIPS TO SIMPLIFY LIFE
In the words of Annie Dillard… “How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.”
It’s a powerful thought when you realise that, for many of us, our days are spent largely doing what we HAVE to do, not necessarily what we WANT to do.
With bills to pay, work and family to juggle, not to mention an increasingly complex and fast life, we don’t often get the luxury of choice.
Our time, energy, minds and hearts are often filled with a mix of things to remember, people to see and tasks to do.
Our days run away with us and we run on autopilot…
I hope the ideas I’m sharing below will help you put in place some simple daily habits to make life easier. They’re little tips that help to keep things running smoothly and free up our time and energy for the rest of life. I hope they help!
24 SIMPLE DAILY HABITS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
Try these suggestions out for size, perhaps one at a time so you can feel how they work for you. If one idea isn’t relevant to you, can you swap it for something else that might help you more?
1. Make your bed so your bedroom is neat and tidy and it gets you mentally prepared for the next part of your day.
2. Get up early so you can make a head-start on your day before your day has a head-start on you! Read more on creating a simple morning routine.
3. Do something for you so you can put yourself first for a little while and do something you WANT to do, rather than what you HAVE to do. Read more on how to make time for yourself.
4. Put a laundry load on so the dirty clothes don’t build up and you’ve always got clean, fresh clothes in the wardrobe.
5. Fold/put away laundry before you go to bed so you’re not left with piles of clean but crushed clothes adding to the clutter.
6. Don’t check emails first thing in the morning until you’ve got time to deal with any that need actioning.
7. Prepare school and work bags the night before so you can be super-organised for the morning and have time to concentrate on not forgetting anything.
8. Lay out clothes the night before to make it quicker and easier to get dressed in the morning without having to decide on and find something to wear. Read more on creating a simple evening routine.
9. Self care is important so spend a little time making sure you do what you need to feel good and look after yourself!
10. Get some fresh air, even if it’s just 5 minutes. Natural daylight does wonders for your mental health and it’s so calming to be out in nature.
11. Take some exercise and get those endorphins flowing. It doesn’t matter what type of exercise it is, even just a walk. Choose something you enjoy and get your body moving.
12. Catch up on the news so you know what’s going on in the world.
13. Write a To Do list for tomorrow so you get your thoughts out of your head and on to paper. You’re less likely to forget things and more likely to keep on track. Read more on creating a simple, strategic To Do list.
14. Write a morning gratitude list, to keep things in perspective and focus on all the things you’ve got to be grateful for in life. It’ll help keep you feeling good even on a difficult day. Read more on gratitude lists.
15. Journal/brain dump when you’ve got so much on your plate that you don’t know where to start. Get all the thoughts out of your head so you can think clearly.
16. Check the post and deal with paperwork so the paper clutter doesn’t build up.
17. Check your emails regularly and deal with them so your inbox doesn’t fill up with junk and you can make sure you don’t miss anything important.
18. Chat and spend time with your partner and loved ones and give each other time and love. Every relationship needs work to keep it strong and healthy.
19. Spend some quality time with your kids, playing a game, building Lego, reading a book etc when you’re not distracted or multi-tasking doing something else.
20. Prep the lunches for tomorrow to save you time in the morning if time is tight.
21. Go to bed saying I love you and never end on an argument. Tomorrow is another day and you want it to start out right.
23. Spend a few minutes doing housework so you don’t have to spend all weekend catching up. Read this post on how to spend less time cleaning.
24. Do dishes after every meal so your dirty dishes don’t pile up in the sink waiting for you to do them in the evening when you could be doing better things! Read more on simple household routines.